Friday, July 1, 2011

Road Trip - Day 2, Rackham Reunion - Day 1!

Today started off in Billings, Montana. We woke up at 5:45am to the beeping of our hotel room alarm clock. Unfortunately we couldn't get back to sleep, so we turned on the TV and were surprised to find Saved by the Bell! We watched that for an hour or so, showered and headed down for breakfast.

Trish and Charles also stopped in Billings that night, so we went back down and had breakfast with them before we left. It took a bit of time to get everything reattached to the truck, but we were on the road to South Dakota by 9:30am.

Welcome to Wyoming!

Welcome to South Dakota!

I was SO happy when we finally got to Rapid City, South Dakota. I was ready to book myself a plane ticket to Virginia and leave Darren all by himself to drive the truck. I had just about had it. We met my parents at our hotel and had about an hour to get ready before we met up with the rest of my dad's family at a local park.

It was so fun to be together, even though two of my aunts had plane trouble and didn't end up coming in until late tonight. While dinner was being fetched, and even continuing after, my younger siblings started a wiffle ball game with Darren and a few other cousins. They had a blast. Dinner was delicious, and the conversation/entertainment after dinner was quite memorable.

Sarah, Chris, Uncle David, Dallin & Charles 

Charles, Trish, Darren & Michael

Uncle David, Dallin & Charles

Uncle David & Charles

Darren hanging out at 3rd

After all the merryment had ceased for the evening, each family received their t-shirts for the next day and specific instructions to be on the front steps of Mount Rushmore at 10:30am. Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow...

Miles driven on Day 2: 376.2
Miles driven to date: 717.87
State count: 4

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys have had quite the journey. That's funny that you mentioned Saved By the Bell coming on in the early morning- on the days Cooper wakes up early that's exactly what I watch while he has his bottle! If I have to be up early, I met as well enjoy a little nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete