Friday, August 17, 2012

Part 7: 20 week ultrasound

June 6, 2012

During Darren's last week of school we got to have our 20 week ultrasound to find out the gender of our bundle of joy!

I was actually really nervous going into this ultrasound. I wanted everything to look perfect and have no surprises.

Darren and I were split on what the baby would be, but we knew one of us would be right!

And Darren won!

 
I wasn't too sure about posting this picture, but Darren wanted me to...guess he's a proud papa!

During most of the ultrasound he had his hands up by his face and tried repeatedly to get one of them into his mouth...


Everything ended up looking pretty good. During one scan his renal pelvis was measured to be a little too big, but apparently that's fairly common with boys and should resolve itself. (I guess it could've been measuring big due to a full bladder...). My midwives weren't worried about it, so they didn't even have me go back in for another scan. They said they'll have his pediatrician check it out when he's born and go from there. There's nothing they can do before he's born anyway.

It was fun to see our little guy for a third time and get started on name ideas! Which, by the way we will be keeping under wraps until he's born. We've got it narrowed down to two, but haven't decided on one for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment