A week or so ago, on September 22nd, Darren and I took the entire day to ourselves and spent it out and about on a day-long date.
To make sure we didn't have any errands to run or anything that day, we/Darren did our grocery shopping the night before and came home with these!
I was so surprised, and loved that he thought about it. They definitely made my night and continued to make me smile for the next week.
The next day we got up, had pancakes for breakfast and then headed out for the day. Our first stop was the Leesburg Outlets for a little shopping. We hit up the Carters store and came away with more than we anticipated, but all at a great price. We were even able to find a cute outfit to bring our little man home from the hospital in.

By the time we finished there it was just about lunch time, so we headed into downtown Leesburg and stopped at Giovanni's NY Pizza. We went there last year for our anniversary, since it reminds both of us of a little pizza place we went to in Monterey on our honeymoon. We got a delicious, and huge, pepperoni pizza that we ate for days afterwards. It was SO good!
After lunch we went back to Ashburn and saw Trouble with the Curve at the local theater.

I saw a preview for this movie a month or so before it actually came out and knew Darren would want to see it, so we actually planned our day around seeing the movie :)
I loved the storyline, and it didn't hurt that Justin Timberlake was in it! Haha. I actually thought it was good and Darren really liked it as well.
After the movie we were both kinda wiped out, so we headed back to our apartment to relax for a while. We thought about going to dinner first, but we were both still stuffed from lunch so we put that off until about 6:30 and then headed to Olive Garden!
I loved that we were able to spend the day out together and not worry about getting lessons ready for Primary, grocery shopping or anything else. I know these chances will be fewer once the baby gets here, so I hope we can make the most of the little time we've got left!
No comments:
Post a Comment