I loved my first visiting teachers in our ward, but one just had a baby in June and they both seemed to have disappeared by August. And I'm just not one to ask for something like that. Well, when I decided I wasn't going to sub this school year I asked our Relief Society president to switch me to a daytime Visiting Teaching route so I could maybe meet some people that I could actually do things with during the day after the baby comes. I ended up being assigned two of the best women I could have asked for.
They came for the first time at the very end of August, I think, and first off asked if anyone was doing a shower for me in the ward. I said no, and they immediately volunteered and said they'd be more than thrilled to do it. I seriously wanted to cry right there, in the middle of our visit. They had me think about it for a week, and I let them know the next Sunday that I would appreciate it so much.
Darren was beyond thrilled. Being in primary I haven't really gotten the chance to know a lot of the Relief Society sisters that well, and he was hoping this would help me do just that. We scheduled the shower for a brunch on October 4th, just last week, and I had a great time. I was super nervous going into it. I actually woke up in the middle of the night the night before not wanting to go and trying to figure out how I could get out of it. Hilarious, now :) Kim and Jenna did a fantastic job and I could not be more grateful for all of the work they did and the support the ladies in the ward showed us. They even invited a lady from our future ward to come and she did! It will be nice to have a friendly face when we start going in January. (On a side note, it turns out I know her cousin's wife, from high school. Small world!)
The E-vite Invitation
I didn't get any pictures really, we were having too much fun socializing and eating, but here's the two I did get.
Jenna and I, and the delcious food
The baseball themed banner. So cute!
We got so much over the three baby showers, and are so grateful for all the love and support we have been shown. We will definitely miss our ward, but we're still in the same stake and actually will be meeting in the same building, right after them, so hopefully we'll see friends from time to time :)
I tried to get a picture of me before I left that morning, but it was either too dark, or the flash completely blew it out weird. This is the best I got...
37 weeks, October 4th
How nice that they did that for you!!
ReplyDelete