It actually was better than I thought it would be, but maybe that's because I had my meltdown Friday night, two days early.
Darren did a great job planning fun things and great surprises. Since yesterday was a Sunday, we decided to go out to dinner on Saturday. We got a babysitter (hooray!), and went to Olive Garden. I thought we'd have to wait for at least 30 minutes, but we walked right in. We were in and out in less than an hour, and still had the babysitter for two more hours.
We decided to go mini golfing! We hadn't done that in almost two years. It was really fun. There's a little course just 10 minutes from our house that Darren's been wanting to try, so it was a great excuse.
I started off really great, and then got too cocky and crashed miserably. The funniest part of the night was when Darren tried to bank a shot off a rock in the course and it ended up flying out of the course and across the parking lot. I was laughing so hard I was almost crying.
After golfing we headed home and went to bed. Sunday morning Darren got up with Hayden and we had homemade donuts for breakfast! He thought ahead and baked them the night before, so all he had to do was glaze them and they were ready to go.
We then headed off to church, then home for lunch. My family was able to come up and celebrate with us, so when they got here we relaxed and played some Scattergories until dinner time.
We had a yummy lasagna dinner complete with garlic bread and green salad, followed by presents and then chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. It was such a fun, relaxing day.
Inside the duffle bag was a note from Darren surprising me with a trip in December to celebrate our 5 year anniversary!
Thank you to everyone who called, texted or told me Happy Birthday during the day. I felt incredibly loved and had a great start to another decade!
No comments:
Post a Comment