Tuesday, December 18, 2012

November Happenings

I feel like the holidays have completely snuck up on me this year. I'm going to say that it's because I was in a new baby cave for the first month after Hayden was born, but who knows what the real reason is...

We went down to my parents for Thanksgiving again this year. I was a little nervous about going, since this was our first trip (if you can call an hour away a trip) with the baby. He did great though. My mom came up the Tuesday before and helped me get the house ready for Darren's parents (they arrived on Black Friday), and then took us to get Hayden's one month photos taken at JC Penny and then drove us down to their house.

We hung out that evening and all day Wednesday to help get everything ready for our Thanksgiving dinner. We did it differently this year and instead of trying to fit everyone around the kitchen table we ate on the couch in the living room and watched football. It was really fun! Unfortunately we had to come back up Thanksgiving evening, but we enjoyed the time we had with my family.

Darren's parents flew in early Friday morning and Darren picked them up and came back to our apartment. We decided to give them some time to sleep so we took Hayden and did some Black Friday shopping. I can describe it in one word - disaster. We went to Kohls, but the line was forever long (I stood for 10-15 minutes and didn't move) and I was getting frustrated and Hayden was hungry and tired so we headed back pretty soon.

I'd like to say that we did a bunch of fun stuff with Darren's parents while they were in town, but we did a lot of hanging out and watching tv. Darren did take them into DC the Friday before they left, but I stayed back with Hayden to let him have a good day of naps. I was a little bummed, but it ended up being a really relaxing day and that's exactly what I needed. Sherry and I did get the chance to go and see Twilight Breaking Dawn: Part 2 one of the days, while Glade watched Hayden sleep away in his swing for a few hours.

They headed back to California on the 3rd of December, the day after we blessed Hayden! We had a lot of fun with them during their visit, and were sad to see them go, but we were ready to get back to our usual routine. Hayden decided to be extra special to us that night and only woke up once, sleeping from 9-3:30! And, he's continued to do that ever since. We are beginning to feel like real people again...Hallelujah!!!

Here are some pictures of our little squirt throughout the month...




1 comment: