Friday, October 28, 2011

Deja Vu

So, back in high school the first car I drove was a red Nissan Sentra. Technically it was my dad's, but he would hitch-hike to work (literally) so I usually drove it to seminary, school and everywhere else.

That little car was passed down to my sister Trish, then Justin, and then Grant. Since there's a 6-year gap between Grant and Aaron my parents didn't have a need for the car when Grant went on his mission in 2008. Luckily, there was a family in the ward that was glad to take it off of their hands. Pretty sure they were at the house to pick it up, and pay the $1 my dad was asking for it, within minutes of Grant leaving for the airport!

Now to the present day...a few weeks ago we got an email from that very family, saying that they had received moving orders to California and would be leaving within a few weeks and were unable to take the red car with them. They then asked if my parents would like it back for the low, low price of $1! Haha. We all laughed, and then quickly said yes. Aaron just turned 16 and will have his license in December, so my mom thought it was perfect.

The Rigtrups brought it over a few days later, and here it is:


The license plates have since been changed. We don't have a Max in our family, so Max1mus was just a little out of place :) It is actually in pretty good condition for being 17 years old. And guess what?! I am the driver of this lovely car again! Since we've moved away from my parents and I have started subbing, we needed a 2nd car until we can find one of our own.

I never thought I'd be driving this car again...crazy how some things come right back to you :)

3 comments:

  1. AH! I am so jealous. I would love to have that car :) Haha. Break out your tapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vaguely remember this car :) what a wicked-awesome story! :)

    ReplyDelete