Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weekend Bust

So, our big plans to go to Yellowstone this weekend have been busted. We decided that camping in this weather:


was pretty stupid if we wanted to keep our sanity, and our toes. So, we called everyone and told them it wasn't going to happen (sorry Trish, Charles & Johnny!). It was sad, but Darren and I were able to spend our morning doing this instead!


We were able to get most of our living room, desk and kitchen packed up. We decided to pack some of our stuff up before we leave for California, so we don't have SO much to do when we get back and only have 5 days until we drive away to South Dakota. While I didn't quite anticipate packing up all of our stuff so soon after unpacking it 7 months ago, I did find it quite fun. It must be the organizational nut in me, but I LOVE being able to find a way to fit as much stuff in a box as possible :)

Anyway, as for our Memorial Day plans...the weather here in Idaho Falls promises to be pretty much the same (minus the snow but add rain) and non-conducive to outdoor activities. I guess we'll bust out our Foreman and do our burgers that way. We may hit up the "Bodies" exhibit at the Museum of Idaho, see a movie, etc. I'm just looking forward to a week of no work and less than a week to MUCH warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment