We did Darren's parents first! We send them this email, and then waited for their call.
"Thought you might want to see this. Darren & Natalie"
They were so excited for us and we had a whole story worked out with a due date and everything :) We probably let it go a bit too far and had to figure out how to tell them "April Fools!" When we finally did, Sherry (Darren's mom) about flipped a lid. She could not believe that we had tricked them and said she was going to kick us.
We tackled my mom next! I called and let her know I sent her an email that she needed to check soon, but she was heading out of the house so she called back a few hours later. When she did, she was congratulatory, but said she was not happy when my brother called her "Grandma". Hilarious! We didn't let this one go too far and quickly told her it was an April Fools joke on her. She immediately said, "That is mean!", over and over and over. I apparently put a bunch of grey hairs on her head and she was happy to know she'll have a bit more time to deal with the idea of being a Grandma.
We would have gotten my dad at the same time, but he's been in Southern California on business for the last month and I didn't want to send it to him by himself. When I was talking to my mom she let me know he was heading up to Hughson to spend the weekend with my mom's family and I thought, "Perfect! I'll give him a call and he'll help me prank everyone!"
It took him a few more hours to make the drive up to Hughson from LA, but he got there with plenty of time to have some fun. I sent him the email, he opened it with my grandparents and aunts and uncles around, and then played right along with it. He faked nervousness and they all bought right into it! I got a call from one of my aunts and heard all of the congratulations in the background. I asked to be put on speaker-phone and let the cat out of the bag. My grandfather started laughing SO loud, and everyone else could not believe that we had just pulled off such a big prank. And then they found out my dad was in on it and the laughter started all over again :) We both felt awesome and loved how everyone fell for it.
Too bad no one will ever believe us when it really happens.

HAHAHAHAHAAA!! You guys are so mean!!! This is the perfect year for a pregnancy april fools...great timing!! LOL!! Hilarious!--wish I was there to see Sherry...you guys are funny. I'm sure they are BUMMED though!
ReplyDeleteyeah that's mean :) but good job.
ReplyDelete... and by the way... I have NO gray hairs!!!
ReplyDelete